PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has provided his deputies with warrants to arrest parents for failure to pay child support.
This Valentine’s Day weekend, more than 70 deputies, reserve deputies and volunteer armed posse will be searching throughout Maricopa County to find people who have failed to follow court orders.
In the last 13 years, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office has made over 800 arrests and purged over $4.1 million during the operations.
The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office began posting mug shots for easy access for the public 12 years ago.
“Children are a lifetime commitment and even if the relationship doesn’t work out, you still owe it to your children to support them,” Sheriff Arpaio said.
- Study finds racial bias in Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office traffic stops
- Officials warn about rabid bats found in Phoenix area
- Suspect arrested for killing man, hiding body at Tolleson farm
- MCSO searching for man suspected of killing woman near Goodyear
- Communities in Maricopa County mobilize to create change