PHOENIX — A Phoenix freeway will be closed in both directions over the weekend for pavement maintenance, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The Loop 202 eastbound will be closed between Gilbert and McDowell roads in Mesa from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday for pavement maintenance. The westbound direction of the same portion of the Loop 202 will be closed from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday for the same maintenance.
Arizona Department of Transportation officials said drivers should use alternate routes, including the US 60 freeway. Local traffic will be detoured along McDowell Road.
- Arizona groups launch campaign to protect Grand Canyon from mining
- Arizona gubernatorial candidate’s school safety plan includes arming staff
- Golf Channel program to spotlight Scottsdale as a golf destination
- Arizona limits some practices in high school soccer to prevent concussions
- Senate approves $716B defense bill named after Sen. John McCain