PHOENIX — A Phoenix freeway will be closed in both directions over the weekend for pavement maintenance, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The Loop 202 eastbound will be closed between Gilbert and McDowell roads in Mesa from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday for pavement maintenance. The westbound direction of the same portion of the Loop 202 will be closed from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday for the same maintenance.
Arizona Department of Transportation officials said drivers should use alternate routes, including the US 60 freeway. Local traffic will be detoured along McDowell Road.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona stories from President’s Day weekend
- Mark Kelly calls for gun control legislation after Florida shooting
- Meghan McCain shares photo of Sen. John McCain at Arizona home
- Storm expected to slam Arizona high country with strong wind
- Arizona landmarks make list of must-see attractions in North America