Share this story...
Latest News

Puppy recovering after ingesting rat poison

PHOENIX — An adorable homeless puppy that almost died after eating rat poison is now recovering at the Arizona Humane Society’s Second Chance Animal Hospital.

The 13-week-old puppy was rescued by AHS’ Emergency Animal Medical Technicians on Sunday and taken to the AHS’ trauma center for homeless pets.

The puppy wouldn’t stop bleeding from his nose, and required a blood transfusion after losing so much blood.

Leo Edgar with AHS said you have to watch your furry family friends around all poisons.

“These poisons are just as appealing to any of our house pets as they are to the rodents that folks are seeking to eliminate,” he said.

Reecess will go into foster care for 30 days to closely monitor his progress, ensure the toxins are out of his system and give him time to recover. Afterwards, he will go up for adoption.