PHOENIX — A bet is a bet and Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey has every intention of fulfilling his end of a friendly wager with
his counterpart in North Carolina based on the outcome of the NFC title game.
It’s just that Gov. Pat McCrory is going to have to wait a little while longer to get his due.
Ducey said Friday he would dress the family dog Woody in a Panthers jersey, per last week’s bet.
The burden will fall on gubernatorial family dog Woody, who will be forced to wear a Carolina jersey since Ducey lost the bet when the Arizona Cardinals fell to the Panthers last Sunday.
Woody remains Panther-blue free so far. The governor says he hasn’t paid up because “there’s not a lot of Carolina jerseys available here in Arizona, thank God.”
A jersey is on order and as soon as it arrives Ducey said he will put it on the golden retriever and share the photo on social media.
Ducey said he as a fan of Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, he’s picking the Broncos to win the Super Bowl.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Ex-Cardinals kicker Jay Feely selling Phoenix-area home for $2.65 million
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey launches re-election campaign with video
- Former Cardinals RB Chris Johnson pleads not guilty to battery charge
- Arizona Cardinals draftee Christian Kirk arrested at Phoenix Open
- Peoria Unified School District approves revised school calendar