PHOENIX — A bet is a bet and Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey has every intention of fulfilling his end of a friendly wager with
his counterpart in North Carolina based on the outcome of the NFC title game.
It’s just that Gov. Pat McCrory is going to have to wait a little while longer to get his due.
Ducey said Friday he would dress the family dog Woody in a Panthers jersey, per last week’s bet.
The burden will fall on gubernatorial family dog Woody, who will be forced to wear a Carolina jersey since Ducey lost the bet when the Arizona Cardinals fell to the Panthers last Sunday.
Woody remains Panther-blue free so far. The governor says he hasn’t paid up because “there’s not a lot of Carolina jerseys available here in Arizona, thank God.”
A jersey is on order and as soon as it arrives Ducey said he will put it on the golden retriever and share the photo on social media.
Ducey said he as a fan of Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, he’s picking the Broncos to win the Super Bowl.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Rachel Mitchell, 7 others apply to be Maricopa County’s top prosecutor
- Here’s where you can stay in an Arizona Cardinals-themed hotel room
- Fighting Fires and Cancer: Finding a solution for Valley firefighters
- Ducey says firefighters being denied workers’ comp claims ‘angers’ him
- Freeway closures to impact drivers in multiple parts of Valley this weekend