PHOENIX — Tunnel maintenance will periodically close Interstate 10 in the downtown Phoenix area this weekend, the Arizona Department of Transportation said.
A full list of freeway closures and restrictions — including those resulting from tunnel maintenance — for the weekend of Jan. 29-31 are below.
- Eastbound I-10 will be closed between Interstate 17 and Washington Street from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Saturday for tunnel maintenance. The ramps from southbound State Route 51 and westbound Loop 202 to eastbound I-10 will also be closed at this time.
- Westbound I-10 will be closed between I-17 and Seventh Avenue from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday for tunnel maintenance. The ramps from southbound SR 51, westbound Loop 202 HOV lane and Sky Harbor Boulevard to westbound I-10 will also be closed at this time.
- The southbound Loop 101 ramp to eastbound I-10 will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday and 9 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday for maintenance.
- I-10 will be down to three lanes in both directions near Dysart Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday for message sign foundation work.
- I-10 will be down to four lanes in both directions near Dysart Road from 5 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday for sign structure construction.
- Northbound I-17 will be closed up to 30 minutes at a time near Deer Valley and Jomax roads from 11:30 p.m. Saturday to 1:30 a.m. Sunday for overhead sign work.
- The Loop 202 off-ramps at Broadway Road will be down to one lane periodically from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday for utility work. The right lane of Broadway Road in each direction at the Loop 202 will also be closed at this time.
- Extra restrictions in place for Phoenix area freeways this weekend
- ADOT begins wrong-way vehicle detection project on I-17, closures set
- Mesa man arrested, accused of using stolen identity of brother for 28 years
- Wrong-way accident shuts down Interstate 17 near Phoenix
- Cuts affecting Arizona school districts’ ability to maintain buildings