Donald Trump skipped out on a Republican presidential debate and everyone lost their minds.
It’s time to calm down. This is very good thing.
This is another masterful move by the Trump campaign.
Trump has changed the conversation from, “Oh, there is another debate?” to “Hey, did you hear that Trump is skipping out on the debate to raise money for veterans?”
Trump will also get a feel for where he stands in the media. There has been a drop-off in ratings over the past three debates. If there is another drop, Trump will most likely credit his absence for the dip.
If so, this is good for America, the democratic process and the rest of the Republican challengers.
Think about it: We haven’t had a debate that hasn’t centered on The Donald. America will actually have a chance to see and hear from the OTHER candidates in the running.
The timing is perfect! Iowa and New Hampshire are right around the corner and we get to see the contrasts in debated with and without Trump before the big votes.
Love Trump or hate Trump, there is no denying that this man knows how to play the media game at a Jedi level.
We will continue to see more moves like this from the Trump camp as the election roles along.
- ABC/Washington Post polls bring good news for Trump, McSally in Arizona
- Critiquing the campaigns’ ad nauseam advertisements
- Trump, Biden fight to define campaign’s most pressing issues
- Cindy McCain says she will endorse Democrat Joe Biden for president
- Senate GOP plans vote on Trump’s court pick before election