PHOENIX — A large crash caused a major slowdown on Interstate 10 west of the Phoenix area on Thursday.
The rollover crash — which involved a semi-truck and two other vehicles — blocked lanes in both directions at Avondale Boulevard. The crash left the semi on its side.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said one person was ejected and two were seriously injured. A DPS trooper was involved, but it is unknown if the trooper was injured.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said the eastbound on-ramp at Dysart Road, along with the eastbound HOV and three left lanes, were closed. They were later reopened. The Avondale on-ramp was also closed but was reopened.
Traffic maps showed a backup in both directions at the time of and after the accident.
The cause of the crash is unknown.
- Agency again holding contest for clever Arizona freeway signs
- Rock removal to temporarily close part of Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
- Arizona DPS trooper injured in crash with impaired driver
- 4 survivors of Arizona helicopter crash still critical, authorities say
- Driver dies in wrong-way freeway wreck in Arizona