Located in the the Union Shops at the Biltmore Fashion Park near 24th Street and Camelback Road is the unique and stylish Forge Pizza.
The completely-renovated space now houses soaring ceilings and a custom, rolling steel window wall that gives the perfect indoor/outdoor feel, making it effortless to mosey out to the comfortable patio.
A large, inviting bar sits at the center of the restaurant and it is hard to miss the huge, imported Valoriani wood-burning oven that sits right off the bar.
Subtle touches like a vertical rope “wall,” steel gas pipe beer tap and hand-burnt wood all showcase the industrial theme.
Between the friendly staff and warehouse rustic charm, Forge oozes an urban feel with a relaxed vibe in the heart of the Biltmore.
We started with the crispy cheese curds that were accompanied by a homemade simmered-to-perfection tomato sauce. The curds were a delectable comforting treat, perfect to kick off the meal.
Next was some greens. We decided on the Romaine babes with soft eggs, deviled ranch dressing and breadcrumbs. Bold, flavorful and addictive; I couldn’t stop eating this salad!
The wood-fired pizzas are unique and savory in their own way: The crust are perfectly thin with a slight crunch and just the right amount of leopard-like wood fired spotting. We ordered two pizzas and I couldn’t decide which I liked more.
- Pepperoni: Homemade tomato sauce, Zoe’s pepperoni, red onion, castelvetrano olives and jalapenos. The quality of the meat shines through as the heat of the jalapenos give this pepperoni pizza a bonus spicy zest.
- Three Cheese: Mozzarella, ricotta, garlic, red onion, lemon dressed arugula with an added sunny side egg in the center. The creamy cheeses are a decedent and rich as the arugula adds an earthy balance, but the egg steals the show as you dip each slice into the runny yolk (don’t forget to add it!)
The evening was full of stellar and unique dishes and the leftovers were even delicious even the next day!
Forge’s food will have you coming back for more and the fun atmosphere will make you want to stay!
- One killed, two injured in west Phoenix shooting, police say
- Brews and views: Thrillist names the Phoenix area’s best rooftop bars
- Crash causes closure of eastbound Interstate 10 at I-17 in Phoenix
- Phoenix Sky Harbor ties for third-best ‘mega airport’ satisfaction rating
- Georgia man is accused of harassing a judge in Phoenix
- Best Phoenix-area spots to celebrate National Cheeseburger Day
- Bon appetit! Seven places you should try during Arizona Restaurant Week
- He Said: Prado at Montelucia is perfect for Spanish tapas night
- She Said: Pine's Old County Inn offers some of best pizza in Arizona
- He Said: Cuban Foods Bakery & Restaurant captures true taste of Cuba