PHOENIX — Street closures generally cause drivers to sigh and gripe, but anyone heading to Flagstaff this weekend will likely be happy the city is shutting down streets.
Dew Downtown Winter Festival returns to northern Arizona, with a day of fun in the streets of downtown Flagstaff and a day of competition at Arizona Snowbowl.
The city will begin blocking off streets Thursday night for the urban ski and snowboard carnival.
Saturday’s activities, which kick off at 10 a.m., include a skating rink on San Francisco Street, a snow play area, a beer garden and s’mores station and a three-story high slide dubbed “Snowzilla.”
The skiing and snowboarding competition will be held Sunday starting at 8 a.m. at the ski resort. It’s the first time part of the 5-year-old festival has been held outside the city.
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Latinos in Arizona spent $42B on consumer goods in 2016, study finds
- Arizona tourism office, Chicago Cubs team up to bring Chicagoans to Valley
- Arizona-built spacecraft to slingshot around Earth on Friday
- Arizona ranked No. 10 most diverse state in nation, study finds