PHOENIX — Street closures generally cause drivers to sigh and gripe, but anyone heading to Flagstaff this weekend will likely be happy the city is shutting down streets.
Dew Downtown Winter Festival returns to northern Arizona, with a day of fun in the streets of downtown Flagstaff and a day of competition at Arizona Snowbowl.
The city will begin blocking off streets Thursday night for the urban ski and snowboard carnival.
Saturday’s activities, which kick off at 10 a.m., include a skating rink on San Francisco Street, a snow play area, a beer garden and s’mores station and a three-story high slide dubbed “Snowzilla.”
The skiing and snowboarding competition will be held Sunday starting at 8 a.m. at the ski resort. It’s the first time part of the 5-year-old festival has been held outside the city.
- Three Arizona restaurants make Yelp’s top-100 places to eat list
- Two Scottsdale resorts added to Triple-A’s diamond-listed hotels
- ASU, UA among top universities for Peace Corps volunteers
- Gun control bills stall in Arizona Legislature following Florida shooting
- At least 523 flu-related deaths in Arizona this season, officials say