PHOENIX — An Arizona musician or band is about to make it big thanks to a local recording studio.
ReThink Records announced this week it would accept samples from unknown artists across the Valley and select a winner to receive everything needed to put out an album — recording, production, public relations and image consulting.
Oh, and some free coffee.
“The idea kind of came about with how can we empower these artists to get access to the services necessary without having to put them through the gamut of all the things you’d see in the record industry,” ReThink cofounder Jordan Tomaeno said of the thinking behind the contest.
Submissions can be dropped off at Cartel Coffee locations in downtown Tempe and Phoenix through Saturday. They can also be passed along via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Along with their demo, artists should attach their name and the band’s name, if applicable, along with their phone number, email and links to social media.
The winner of the contest will be announced at the record label’s launch party on Feb. 3 at the Rebel Lounge in Phoenix. Admission to the event is $5 and is limited to those 16 and over.
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo contributed to this report.
- Phoenix among US cities that have changed the most in past decade
- Federal officials are working to target sexual harassment in Arizona Tribes
- Three cities in Arizona earn top ranks for advancing LGBT rights
- Off Central: Guitar-making school puts Phoenix on musical maps
- Unemployment rate in Arizona drops to 4.7 percent in September