KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Two restaurants are entering the Old Town Scottsdale dining scene. The Phoenix Business Journal reports the Crab and Mermaid Fish Shop is expected to open March 1 near Scottsdale and Indian School roads. Later this year, Bourbon and Bones Chophouse and Bar will open next door.
• An Arizona nonprofit that serves adults with autism and other special abilities has received a $50,000 grant. First Place was awarded the money by Phoenix-based Board of Visitors to launch a health and wellness initiative to increase health independence.
• Terror threats aren’t keeping world travelers down. The United Nations World Tourism Organization said the number of international travelers rose by more than 4 percent, to nearly 1.2 billion. The U.S. ranked second to France as the most popular destination for international tourists.
- Trump to depart Phoenix for Reno before heading to White House
- Protests break out, tear gas deployed in Phoenix following Trump rally
- Trump alludes to a pardon of former Maricopa County Sheriff Arpaio
- White House says Trump will not pardon Arpaio at Phoenix rally
- Arizona congressman says President Donald Trump is ‘clearly a racist’