Winter Storm Jonas is no joke.
The storm hit the East Coast last week, bringing 34 inches of snow to New York, caused the deaths of at least 37 people and have led to nearly a quarter of a million residents being left without power.
New York Mayor Bill de Blasio even called for a ban of vehicles on the streets after 2:30 p.m. in the city, stating police officers would arrest people driving down the streets at that time.
But even the threat of jail did not stop one group of YouTube stars from taking advantage of the snow and shredding it up. To the delight of many, YouTubers Casey Neistat, Jesse Wellens, Dean Neistat and Oscar Boyson took to the streets with a souped-up Jeep, a drone and a snowboard to get the people of New York out of the blizzard blues.
To nobody’s surprise, the boys eventually got stopped by a pair of police officers — but were let off without any punishment whatsoever.
So if you’re stuck inside due to the snow, we hope this brings you a smile and if you’re basking in the Valley sun, we hope this brings you some appreciation for the great weather.
- New Zealand couple offered free trip to Norway in new marketing campaign
- Video of dog retrieving football tees for Boise State goes viral
- Explorer documents month-long journey at sea in YouTube video
- British reporter taken on wild virtual reality ride on live TV
- YouTube prankster picks up girls in toy car at Arizona State University