PHOENIX — Sunday night was rough for every Arizona Cardinals fan.
Not only did the team’s season come to a close, but it did so in a brutal fashion: A 49-15 lashing at the hands of Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers. Add in the fact that the team was one win away from a Super Bowl appearance, and it gets even worse.
While some turned to social media to make themselves feel better, we turned to our own Detour Dan. In case you forgot, he had some strong words before the Cardinals’ trip to Carolina last week on Arizona’s Morning News.
On Monday, his tone was a bit more somber but the words were still hopeful. You can listen to the audio above or, if you’d rather read his eulogy via poem, you can check out the text below.
I say, don’t be sorry,
don’t be blue.
It would have been great,
to be just 1-2.
I’m proud to be a fan,
and won’t shed a tear.
Because I doubt very much,
anyone wants to play us next year.
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix has openings for fire emergency dispatchers
- Arizona congressman says DC’s North Korea rhetoric aimed at trade partners
- Phoenix whistleblower hopes new DC job helps end culture of fear in VA
- Monsoon storm brings heavy rain, strong winds to Valley Saturday
- Main Street Minute: Fans have chance to win Cardinals’ season tickets