Many people who have attended weddings have witnessed father-daughter dances, cake being shoved in each of the newlyweds’ mouths and women throwing elbows trying to establish position for the bouquet toss.
Aaliyah and Benjamin Armstrong’s wedding involved the Haka.
The Haka is an ancient Māori war dance performed on a battlefield to demonstrate the tribe’s strength, pride and unity. However, the dance can be performed in many peace offering occasions, or in this case, a wedding.
The couple’s wedding Haka was put together by the groom’s best man as a sign of respect from his family, and symbolizes two families coming together as one.
- Tucson police officer shows off dance moves while directing traffic
- 92-year-old Marine veteran becomes bride’s ‘something blue’
- Man uses broadcast of Scottsdale car crash to show off dance moves
- Katy Perry’s ‘backpack kid’ steals show during ‘SNL’ gig
- African dance master choreographer Chuck Davis dies; was 80