Many people who have attended weddings have witnessed father-daughter dances, cake being shoved in each of the newlyweds’ mouths and women throwing elbows trying to establish position for the bouquet toss.
Aaliyah and Benjamin Armstrong’s wedding involved the Haka.
The Haka is an ancient Māori war dance performed on a battlefield to demonstrate the tribe’s strength, pride and unity. However, the dance can be performed in many peace offering occasions, or in this case, a wedding.
The couple’s wedding Haka was put together by the groom’s best man as a sign of respect from his family, and symbolizes two families coming together as one.
- Neighbors come together for ‘Neighbor Dance Challenge’
- Arizona justice courts anticipating heavy Valentine’s Day wedding load
- This Arizona city is one of the best in the nation to get married
- Adam Sandler and Chris Rock team up in wedding themed ‘The Week of’
- Couple weds on final Delta 747 flight, plane to retire in Arizona