Doing housework is a daunting task, but it can become impossible for some veterans who are physically disabled, struggling financially or both.
That’s where House of Heroes steps in. The charity offers those who served and their spouses minor repairs and home improvements at no cost to veterans.
Instead, it seeks the participation of individuals, groups and companies who are willing to step in and do the work.
The organization will clean, paint, install access ramps, replace doors and appliances and clean up the yard, among other services.
House of Heroes accepts donations online.
- Off Central: Valley group pairing dogs, veterans to save lives
- Faith in Humanity: Valley group provides scholarships for children of fallen military
- Faith in Humanity: Valley charity raising awareness of ovarian cancer
- Faith in Humanity: Group wants to recycle 1,000 donated bicycles for holiday gifts
- Faith in Humanity: Valley group teams hustlers up for the common good