PHOENIX — A Phoenix firefighter was taken to the hospital Tuesday morning after he fell off the roof of a burning home.
Phoenix Fire Department Capt. Reda Riddle-Biggler said the firefighter was on the roof of a home near Seventh Avenue and Broadway Road when he fell.
“They began to cut with a saw to ventilate this house and, as they moved backwards, the firefighter’s foot had fallen through a burned portion of the roof, which actually made him fall off of the roof,” she said.
The firefighter did not fall into the home, but rather from the roof onto the ground.
“We transported him in stable condition; more precautionary,” Riddle-Biggler said. “He was complaining of some back pain and some arm pain. It appears he may have a fractured arm.”
Riddle-Biggler said no other injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is unknown.
The firefighter has not been identified and is expected to make a full recovery.
KTAR’s Jeremy Foster contributed to this report.
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus
- Phoenix high school student arrested for bringing loaded gun on campus
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend