PHOENIX — A Phoenix firefighter was taken to the hospital Tuesday morning after he fell off the roof of a burning home.
Phoenix Fire Department Capt. Reda Riddle-Biggler said the firefighter was on the roof of a home near Seventh Avenue and Broadway Road when he fell.
“They began to cut with a saw to ventilate this house and, as they moved backwards, the firefighter’s foot had fallen through a burned portion of the roof, which actually made him fall off of the roof,” she said.
The firefighter did not fall into the home, but rather from the roof onto the ground.
“We transported him in stable condition; more precautionary,” Riddle-Biggler said. “He was complaining of some back pain and some arm pain. It appears he may have a fractured arm.”
Riddle-Biggler said no other injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is unknown.
The firefighter has not been identified and is expected to make a full recovery.
KTAR’s Jeremy Foster contributed to this report.
- Phoenix ranked among most affordable travel destinations in US
- Phoenix ISM Raceway dropped from IndyCar’s 2019 schedule
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix