PHOENIX — A private jet carrying four people veered off a runway at the Scottsdale Airport, but all aboard were unharmed.
Airport spokeswoman Sarah Ferrara said a Falcon 20 slid off a runway Monday after experiencing problems during landing. The airport was closed for several hours.
The jet caused damage to the runway and hit lights and signs before it came to rest in the dirt at the end of runway 21.
Scottsdale Fire crews and airport operations workers responded.
The jet was eventually taken from the runway by crane.
The airport serves only corporate and private aircraft and reopened later in the day.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Border Patrol rescues young Costa Rican boy in Arizona
- Phoenix City Council votes to ‘pause’ south-central light rail expansion
- Where do Arizona politicians stand on Trump’s family separation policy?
- Arizona health officials warn about rise in animal rabies cases
- County officials declare missing boy’s cause of death as ‘undetermined’