PHOENIX — A private jet carrying four people veered off a runway at the Scottsdale Airport, but all aboard were unharmed.
Airport spokeswoman Sarah Ferrara said a Falcon 20 slid off a runway Monday after experiencing problems during landing. The airport was closed for several hours.
The jet caused damage to the runway and hit lights and signs before it came to rest in the dirt at the end of runway 21.
Scottsdale Fire crews and airport operations workers responded.
The jet was eventually taken from the runway by crane.
The airport serves only corporate and private aircraft and reopened later in the day.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Ex-Maricopa County deputy gets prison for sex with inmate
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Grand Canyon University makes list of top 10 college campuses in country
- Andre the dog’s abuser yet to be found [REBROADCAST OF 12/3/2012]
- John McCain spends time outdoors with Lieberman, Graham