PHOENIX — A private jet carrying four people veered off a runway at the Scottsdale Airport, but all aboard were unharmed.
Airport spokeswoman Sarah Ferrara said a Falcon 20 slid off a runway Monday after experiencing problems during landing. The airport was closed for several hours.
The jet caused damage to the runway and hit lights and signs before it came to rest in the dirt at the end of runway 21.
Scottsdale Fire crews and airport operations workers responded.
The jet was eventually taken from the runway by crane.
The airport serves only corporate and private aircraft and reopened later in the day.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- New Westin hotel in downtown Tempe breaks ground
- Advocacy groups pressure Arizona to ban bee-killing pesticides
- Affordable housing complex for veterans opens in Tempe
- In wake of Florida shooting, Arizona educators look at social media impact
- Study ranks Arizona spring training stadium based on fan experience