PHOENIX — A private jet carrying four people veered off a runway at the Scottsdale Airport, but all aboard were unharmed.
Airport spokeswoman Sarah Ferrara said a Falcon 20 slid off a runway Monday after experiencing problems during landing. The airport was closed for several hours.
The jet caused damage to the runway and hit lights and signs before it came to rest in the dirt at the end of runway 21.
Scottsdale Fire crews and airport operations workers responded.
The jet was eventually taken from the runway by crane.
The airport serves only corporate and private aircraft and reopened later in the day.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Principal, athletic director reassigned as Hamilton hazing case continues
- Arizona voter registration system targeted again by hackers
- Latinos in Arizona spent $42B on consumer goods in 2016, study finds
- Arizona tourism office, Chicago Cubs team up to bring Chicagoans to Valley
- Arizona-built spacecraft to slingshot around Earth on Friday