KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Pita Jungle opened a brand-new Phoenix location at 7th Street and Missouri Avenue on Monday. According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the more than 5,000-square-foot location will be the Mediterranean chain’s largest and will seat more than 200 people.
• Phoenix Suns Charities recently opened its application for this year’s SunStudent Scholarship Program. The program will award 13 scholarships ranging from $5,000 to $7,000 for students to use at an Arizona post-secondary college or university of their choice. Students must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA and participate in community service. The application is open until Apr. 29, 2016.
• The Baked Bear, a popular ice cream shop based out of San Diego, announced it will be opening a Scottsdale location sometime this spring. The show features more than a dozen made-to-order ice cream sandwiches with original cookie recipes and homemade ice cream. The shop will be the company’s first outside of California.
- Main Street Minute: Glendale health care campus giving out eclipse glasses
- Main Street Minute: Arizona Make-A-Wish receives generous donation
- Opinion: Five reasons parents can’t stand back-to-school week
- Main Street Minute: 2 Arizona schools can win learning garden
- Gov. Ducey asks for loan help after wildfires, floods in Yavapai County