PHOENIX — A man has died after a violent run-in with police at a Phoenix restaurant Sunday night.
Police were called to Freddy’s Steak Burgers near 51st Avenue and Bell Road after a customer barricaded himself in the bathroom, then flooded that room. Once he came out, he damaged countertops in the kitchen.
Authorities said two officers had to use a stun gun when the 36-year-old suspect began fighting two officers. The man was Tasered but continued fighting before two more officers managed to subdue him.
The suspect was pronounced dead at a hospital and two officers were treated for injuries.
Disclaimer: The video from the altercation at Freddy’s Steak Burgers has strong language and may be viewed as too violent for some. It can be seen here.
- Arizona DCS head responds to claims of failed foster care protections
- Ducey responds to Don Shooter’s claims of ‘suspicious’ state contracts
- McSally defends sharp language used in U.S. Senate announcement
- Sheriff Paul Penzone looking to eliminate ‘Tent City’ phrase in 2018
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ contestant Evie Clair sings Christmas carols