PHOENIX — A man has died after a violent run-in with police at a Phoenix restaurant Sunday night.
Police were called to Freddy’s Steak Burgers near 51st Avenue and Bell Road after a customer barricaded himself in the bathroom, then flooded that room. Once he came out, he damaged countertops in the kitchen.
Authorities said two officers had to use a stun gun when the 36-year-old suspect began fighting two officers. The man was Tasered but continued fighting before two more officers managed to subdue him.
The suspect was pronounced dead at a hospital and two officers were treated for injuries.
Disclaimer: The video from the altercation at Freddy’s Steak Burgers has strong language and may be viewed as too violent for some. It can be seen here.
- Former Arizona AG wants Arpaio to be forced to work with immigrant groups
- Teenage witness says deadly Arizona flash flood was heartbreaking to watch
- Ducey is ‘very concerned’ with how GOP health bill could affect Arizona
- Five months into office, Penzone says problems with politics still persist in MCSO
- Ducey faces pressure, backlash during fight to overhaul K-12 education