PHOENIX – Motorists traveling along highway U.S. 60 east of Superior between Phoenix and Globe will need to plan ahead next week for delays.
The highway will be closed on Jan. 19 from 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. and again from 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. and Jan. 21 from the same times. The Arizona Department of Transportation continues blasting operations on an improvement project to build a new passing lane and widen roadway shoulders.
Construction will happen from Devil’s Canyon to Oak Flat, mileposts 231-233.
Traffic will be stopped on eastbound U.S. 60 at milepost 227, and traffic on westbound U.S. 60 will be stopped at milepost 235.
Alternative routes for travelers can consider state routes 77 and 177. People headed to the White Mountains region can head through Payson on state route 87 and go east on state route 260.
Drivers should expect law enforcement officers to be stationed at each closure to assist with traffic control.
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash
- Crews fully contain 377 Fire in northeast-central Arizona
- Two I-10 ramps to permanently close for South Mountain Freeway work
- Arizona DPS encouraging drivers to be prepared for monsoon season
- Wildlife officials euthanize bear after it tried to enter Payson home