PHOENIX – Motorists traveling along highway U.S. 60 east of Superior between Phoenix and Globe will need to plan ahead next week for delays.
The highway will be closed on Jan. 19 from 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. and again from 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. and Jan. 21 from the same times. The Arizona Department of Transportation continues blasting operations on an improvement project to build a new passing lane and widen roadway shoulders.
Construction will happen from Devil’s Canyon to Oak Flat, mileposts 231-233.
Traffic will be stopped on eastbound U.S. 60 at milepost 227, and traffic on westbound U.S. 60 will be stopped at milepost 235.
Alternative routes for travelers can consider state routes 77 and 177. People headed to the White Mountains region can head through Payson on state route 87 and go east on state route 260.
Drivers should expect law enforcement officers to be stationed at each closure to assist with traffic control.
- Southbound I-17 near downtown Phoenix reopens after crash
- ‘Why me?’ Survivor recounts horror of Arizona flash flood that killed 10
- I-10 ramps to be closed, I-17 to be restricted overnight in Phoenix
- Jams cause jammed roads: U2 to snarl Phoenix traffic on Tuesday
- Westbound US 60 reopens after deadly accident