PHOENIX – Motorists traveling along highway U.S. 60 east of Superior between Phoenix and Globe will need to plan ahead next week for delays.
The highway will be closed on Jan. 19 from 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. and again from 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. and Jan. 21 from the same times. The Arizona Department of Transportation continues blasting operations on an improvement project to build a new passing lane and widen roadway shoulders.
Construction will happen from Devil’s Canyon to Oak Flat, mileposts 231-233.
Traffic will be stopped on eastbound U.S. 60 at milepost 227, and traffic on westbound U.S. 60 will be stopped at milepost 235.
Alternative routes for travelers can consider state routes 77 and 177. People headed to the White Mountains region can head through Payson on state route 87 and go east on state route 260.
Drivers should expect law enforcement officers to be stationed at each closure to assist with traffic control.
- Mesa man arrested, accused of using stolen identity of brother for 28 years
- Wrong-way accident shuts down Interstate 17 near Phoenix
- SR 51 will have restrictions in Phoenix this weekend
- Loop 202 construction to force more overnight I-10 closures this week
- Construction to fix I-40 winter weather damage near Flagstaff to start