PHOENIX — Although the team is going head-to-head with the Arizona Cardinals on Saturday, fans of the Green Bay Packers will find a safe haven at a Scottsdale bar.
The Sandbar Mexican Grill at Desert Ridge Marketplace has been a Green Bay Packers-themed bar since it opened in 2010 and has even grabbed the attention of the Green Bay Packers staff.
Justin Jereb, general manager of Sandbar Desert Ridge, said Green Bay Packers officials asked the bar to host a pep rally on Friday night, featuring the team’s CEO Mark Murphy and alumni Frank Winters and William Henderson.
“It was definitely rewarding that they kind of noticed us,” he said.
Jereb said former players will be signing autographs and several raffles and giveaways will be present at the pep rally, which kicks off at 6 p.m.
Jereb said he is also expecting big crowds at the bar Saturday when the Green Bay Packers play the Arizona Cardinals in the NFL Playoffs and has already sold out all the bar’s cabanas.
He said his staff is used to big crowds during the NFL season, and they will be prepared for the large number of Packers fans Friday and Saturday.
“Between bartenders, servers, security, it’s definitely going to be an awesome experience,” Jereb said. “But we are set up and ready to go.”
- Former Cardinals RB Chris Johnson pleads not guilty to battery charge
- Arizona Cardinals draftee Christian Kirk arrested at Phoenix Open
- Cardinals’ Johnson launches David’s Locker at Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Arizona Cardinals season ticket prices will not increase in 2018
- Big-hearted Cardinal doles out turkeys for Thanksgiving