I decided to close out 2015 with a burger binge.
Yes, this may make me sound like a glutton, but I was determined to knock a few Valley burger joints off my “must try” list.
Well, I am glad one of my stops was the Paradise Valley Burger Company. Located off State Route 51 at Bell Road, the unpretentious exterior masks the food treasures that await inside.
The layout is casual with counter service and I was surprised how crowded it was for a Tuesday night. The menu is small and straight forward and offers burgers, sandwiches and tacos. Standing in line gave me some time to narrow the burger choices and I decided on the PVCheese with cheddar and jalapeño ranch with all the fixings. That includes lettuce, tomato, pickled onions and cucumber.
My dining companion decided on the Burger Brulee — fried egg, bacon, onion, burnt sugar and Havarti. We both got a side of fires, mine were seasoned. The man ringing up our order, I later found out he was the owner, assured me that we made good choices.
I was glad our order didn’t take very long as mouthwatering aromas lingered in the air and other patrons’ burgers were making me envious.
Finally, I got to sink my teeth into a burger, and it was delicious!
The burger is served on a toasted brioche bun that does not steal attention from the perfectly cooked, flavorful meat.
The cucumbers were a nice twist giving the burger a fresh garden taste. The pickled onions paired wonderfully with the jalapeño ranch and I thoroughly enjoyed each savory bite.
I snagged a bite of my friend’s interesting and surprising Burger Brulee. This unique burger contains salty elements with the fried egg and bacon but the sweetness of the burnt sugar is the forefront.
The complex contradicting flavors make you want more. The fries, both regular and seasoned, were perfect. They complemented the burgers exactly how a good side of fries should.
I am so glad this was one of my stops on my burger binge. I pass this area almost every day on the highway and you can bet I’ll be pulling in for some burgers to-go for dinner!
- Top Clicks of June 2017
- She Said: Zookz in Phoenix offers tasty sandwiches in a unique shape
- She Said: Improve your year with these five good mood foods
- She Said: Tom’s Tavern refreshes menu but’s it’s still good ol’ Tom’s
- She Said: The Chicken Scoop offers nothing but chicken salad and it’s perfect
- She Said: Pine's Old County Inn offers some of best pizza in Arizona
- He Said: Cuban Foods Bakery & Restaurant captures true taste of Cuba
- Salud! Mark National Tequila Day at these Phoenix-area spots
- He Said: The UnderTow should float your boat for classic cocktails
- She Said: CRUjiente Tacos has a creative, tasty menu full of must-have items