A wild baby sea otter was born in our Great Tide Pool!
Wild otter mom and pup update! The pair was spotted in our Great Tide Pool again this morning. They’re back out in the bay right now but we wouldn’t be surprised to see them again soon! In the meantime, enjoy some video of this most otterly adorable of events:Posted by Monterey Bay Aquarium on Tuesday, December 22, 2015
A wild baby sea otter is making its new home at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
Born in December 2015, the sea otter is now enjoying time with mom and exploring the Great Tide Pool at the aquarium. Otters at the aquarium play with toys, lounge in ice buckets, sleep and feed four times a day, so the baby otter is surely enjoying its first days. Aquarists also teach the otters behavior and train them to be mentally and physically stimulated, the aquarium website says.
Look out for the otter family by watching the aquarium’s live sea otter cam.
- Wildlife World Zoo in West Valley welcomes newborn giraffe
- Baby otter rescued from Arizona Canal by SRP crew
- Fin-tastic: Sea Life Aquarium in Tempe to install $1M interactive exhibit
- Stingray bites Phoenix-area boy on hand at Arizona zoo
- Southwest’s largest aquarium to open in Scottsdale over Labor Day weekend