After an Oklahoma news station broadcasted its coverage of a local apartment fire on Sunday, viewers around the country had more than the fire on their mind: One resident stole the entire show with her hilarious outburst that brought a little light to a devastating situation.
NewsOn6, a local news station serving Tulsa, Oklahoma, broadcasted its coverage of a fire at the Casa Linda apartment complex when reporters encountered Michelle Dobyne, a resident who managed to bring laughter to the station’s entire newsroom.
“Aw, man, the building is on fire,” she said. “I said ‘no, what?’ I got my three kids and we bounced out. Nuh-uh, we ain’t gon be in no fire. Not today.”
Despite the fire leaving more than one hundred residents without electricity or heat during the cold, Oklahoma night, Dobyne wasn’t the only resident with a fire in her soul: NewsOn6 reporter Annie Chang said all the residents were in smiles, despite the rough situation.
The Casa Linda property manager said there was armed security guards on the property until the power came back on, according to the article.
- Woman rescued from Camelback Mountain after getting lost on trail
- Weekend stories from Arizona you may have missed
- The Latest: US, South Korea speak after North’s nuclear test
- I-10 reopens at Loop 202 after semi-truck fire shuts down freeway
- Watch as Phoenix firefighters reunite woman, dog after house fire