Raising a child is an impressive enough task, but it takes a truly special kind of person to open their home to a foster child and raise them as their own.
One Valley charity, Arizona Helping Hands, is working to help foster parents raise children. The group provides supplies — everything from cribs and diapers to school material and toys — to foster families across Phoenix.
Arizona Helping Hands also connects foster parents to enrichment and support providers, along with businesses and other organizations that can help them out.
Arizona Helping Hands accepts donations online.
- Fifth annual Arizona Gives Day to take place in early April
- Burger joint raising funds for Phoenix run to fight children’s cancer
- Scottsdale auction pushes Barrett-Jackson over $100M mark for charity
- Main Street Minute: Burger-chain customers donate to Phoenix hospital
- Arizona cities are caring, but rank low at helping out neighbors