PHOENIX — According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, the following travel advisories have been issued for the weekend of Jan. 8:
• Loop 101 on- and off-ramps at McDonald Drive in the Scottsdale area will be closed for two months starting at 10 p.m. Friday as part of the ongoing freeway widening project in that area.
• Westbound Loop 202 will be narrowed to two lanes overnight between Higley Road and Val Vista Drive in Mesa from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday for overhead sign-structure installation.
• Traffic is expected to be heavier throughout downtown Phoenix over the weekend due to events related to the National Football Championship game.
• The National Football Championship game will take place on Jan. 11 at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. Allow extra travel time along westbound I-10 and Loop 101 on Monday afternoon.
- Milwaukee Brewers release renovation plans for spring Phoenix home
- Phoenix police officers, woman injured in rush hour crash
- St. Mary’s high school in Phoenix cancels classes due to alleged threat
- Phoenix leaders deny petition to block city spending on more Trump events
- Thousands to march on Arizona’s capitol in response to Florida shooting