This time of year, everyone tends to be focused on the topic of organization.
Whether it’s organizing the garage, the cabinets or the home office, there is something about straightening those spaces that gives you feelings of accomplishment and comfort. This year, we want to encourage you to consider organizing all your home paperwork and receipts.
We’ve put together a list of three simple focus areas that will help you organize, de-clutter and manage your household:
- Mortgage & Payment Paperwork: Create a file specifically for your home ownership paperwork: Contract and mortgage information, homeowner’s association paperwork and contact information, homeowner insurance policies, etc.
- Contractor & Service Provider Receipts, Warrantees: Each time you hire a contractor, or service provider file their estimate, receipt, warrantees, and any other paperwork in a single folder. Keep a separate folder for each project/contractor including any record of communication, notes and emails.
- Major Appliance Paperwork: You’ll also want to start individual folders for major appliances like the air conditioning unit, water heater, pool/spa equipment, etc. You’ll be able to find the receipts and paperwork quickly when necessary, and you’ll have the entire history of the repairs and any services performed. This can be a great asset if you decide to sell your home.
This time spent organizing is not only a great investment for the years to come, but can also streamline your filings at tax time.
For more ideas on home organization, and information for all the projects around your house, home, castle or cabin, visit Arizona’s largest collection of homeowner DIY advice and information at www.Rosieonthehouse.com.
And if you are in need of a quality contractor you know you can trust, visit our list of Arizona’s very best contractors or service providers for your home improvement projects at RosieontheHouse.com – Arizona’s most trusted Referral Network.
Tune in to KTAR every Saturday morning from 7-11 a.m. for the Rosie on the House broadcast!
- What you need to do in the garden this month
- She Said: Improve your year with these five good mood foods
- Some tips for nursing that New Year’s Eve hangover
- Police: Firing random gunshots on New Year’s Eve could mean prison time
- Arizona highway officials promise closure-free driving for New Year’s weekend