KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m
• Huntington University finalized an eight-year lease for a building near 83rd Avenue and Bell Road in Peoria. The facility will offer an assortment of digital-arts programs such as film production, graphic design and digital animation. These programs will be offered just in time for the 2016-2017 school year.
• Legoland Discovery Center Arizona is accepting applications through Jan. 10 for a master model builder or the center opening at the Arizona Mills Mall in Tempe. The position is full time and salaried at the attraction set to open this spring. There will be a brick factory competition Jan. 30-31 at the mall to determine who lands the gig.
• Two new U-Haul neighborhood dealers are set to open in the Valley. One will be located near 48th and Van Buren streets in Phoenix and the other will be in Mesa near University Drive and Gilbert Road.
- Main Street Minute: Phoenician to redesign golf course
- Main Street Minute: Dick’s Sporting Goods hiring for new Scottsdale store
- Man driving U-Haul truck leads Phoenix police on high-speed chase
- Reports of shooting at Phoenix-area mall false, police give all-clear
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey, U-Haul join fight against marijuana legalization