PHOENIX — Accidents, including one that involved a semitrailer, closed Interstate 10 in both directions near Casa Grande early on a rainy Wednesday.
The two crashes happened around 5 a.m.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said westbound lanes were shut down at State Route 287.
Eastbound lanes were closed south of Casa Grande at Interstate 8.
About two hours later, all three westbound lanes were reopened, but it was going to take a while for the backup to clear.
Eastbound lanes were reopened around 8 a.m.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- Showers splash down on Phoenix area, but sunshine due rest of week
- Major road near I-10 in Goodyear to be closed nearly a week
- Check out a first ride in a Lucid Motors car, to be built in Arizona
- SR 51 will have restrictions in Phoenix this weekend