PHOENIX — Accidents, including one that involved a semitrailer, closed Interstate 10 in both directions near Casa Grande early on a rainy Wednesday.
The two crashes happened around 5 a.m.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said westbound lanes were shut down at State Route 287.
Eastbound lanes were closed south of Casa Grande at Interstate 8.
About two hours later, all three westbound lanes were reopened, but it was going to take a while for the backup to clear.
Eastbound lanes were reopened around 8 a.m.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Driver dies in wrong-way freeway wreck in Arizona
- Part of eastbound I-10 in West Valley to be closed over Feb. 9 weekend
- Police locate previously missing 8-year-old Casa Grande girl
- Semitrailer rolls over, blocks I-10 traffic west of Phoenix
- Arizona ‘satanic’ group signs up to help pick up trash along I-10