PHOENIX — Accidents, including one that involved a semitrailer, closed Interstate 10 in both directions near Casa Grande early on a rainy Wednesday.
The two crashes happened around 5 a.m.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said westbound lanes were shut down at State Route 287.
Eastbound lanes were closed south of Casa Grande at Interstate 8.
About two hours later, all three westbound lanes were reopened, but it was going to take a while for the backup to clear.
Eastbound lanes were reopened around 8 a.m.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- I-10 westbound near Tucson shuts down due to crash, causing long delays
- Arizona highway patrol shooting shuts down part of Interstate 10
- 7 injured in wrong-way accident on Interstate 10 in Phoenix
- Phoenix-area freeways to be closed, restricted during Sept. 8 weekend
- Phoenix-area freeway shut down after shooting suspect takes own life