PHOENIX — Accidents, including one that involved a semitrailer, closed Interstate 10 in both directions near Casa Grande early on a rainy Wednesday.
The two crashes happened around 5 a.m.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said westbound lanes were shut down at State Route 287.
Eastbound lanes were closed south of Casa Grande at Interstate 8.
About two hours later, all three westbound lanes were reopened, but it was going to take a while for the backup to clear.
Eastbound lanes were reopened around 8 a.m.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Another portion of I-10 in Phoenix to be closed during June 8 weekend
- Part of I-10 reopened at 40th Street in Phoenix after large vehicle fire
- I-10 in west Phoenix to be closed this weekend for Loop 202 work
- Part of I-10 near Phoenix to be closed during Cinco de Mayo weekend
- Crews to widen I-10 in southern Arizona starting next week