Winter recreation fans are giddy — a lot of snow has fallen in Arizona’s high country and more is on the way.
The National Weather Service said Tuesday that Flagstaff is already above its usual amount of snow for this time of year at 32 inches. Usually this time of the year the city has had just under that number.
Arizona Snowbowl in Flagstaff reported that 8 inches had fallen overnight and Monday was a snowfest, too.
Sunrise Park Resort in eastern Arizona’s White Mountains was also reaping the benefits of the snow.
But it’s not all gorgeous scenery of winter poweder. Early morning travel near Flagstaff looked like this:
The bureau also said a winter weather advisory will be in effect from 2 p.m. Tuesday to noon Wednesday above 6,000 feet elevation.
That also covers Grand Canyon Village, Flagstaff and Show Low.
In the state’s lower elevations, El Nino has brought rain to Phoenix, which is expected to last most of the week.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Need an eye exam? Flying eye hospital touches down in Arizona
- Arizona bill to limited public funding for stadiums appears to have died
- New Westin hotel in downtown Tempe breaks ground
- Advocacy groups pressure Arizona to ban bee-killing pesticides
- Affordable housing complex for veterans opens in Tempe