Winter recreation fans are giddy — a lot of snow has fallen in Arizona’s high country and more is on the way.
The National Weather Service said Tuesday that Flagstaff is already above its usual amount of snow for this time of year at 32 inches. Usually this time of the year the city has had just under that number.
Arizona Snowbowl in Flagstaff reported that 8 inches had fallen overnight and Monday was a snowfest, too.
Sunrise Park Resort in eastern Arizona’s White Mountains was also reaping the benefits of the snow.
But it’s not all gorgeous scenery of winter poweder. Early morning travel near Flagstaff looked like this:
The bureau also said a winter weather advisory will be in effect from 2 p.m. Tuesday to noon Wednesday above 6,000 feet elevation.
That also covers Grand Canyon Village, Flagstaff and Show Low.
In the state’s lower elevations, El Nino has brought rain to Phoenix, which is expected to last most of the week.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Arizona groups launch campaign to protect Grand Canyon from mining
- Arizona gubernatorial candidate’s school safety plan includes arming staff
- Golf Channel program to spotlight Scottsdale as a golf destination
- Arizona limits some practices in high school soccer to prevent concussions
- Stolen 2-month-old puppy returned safely to Phoenix animal shelter