Winter recreation fans are giddy — a lot of snow has fallen in Arizona’s high country and more is on the way.
The National Weather Service said Tuesday that Flagstaff is already above its usual amount of snow for this time of year at 32 inches. Usually this time of the year the city has had just under that number.
Arizona Snowbowl in Flagstaff reported that 8 inches had fallen overnight and Monday was a snowfest, too.
Sunrise Park Resort in eastern Arizona’s White Mountains was also reaping the benefits of the snow.
But it’s not all gorgeous scenery of winter poweder. Early morning travel near Flagstaff looked like this:
The bureau also said a winter weather advisory will be in effect from 2 p.m. Tuesday to noon Wednesday above 6,000 feet elevation.
That also covers Grand Canyon Village, Flagstaff and Show Low.
In the state’s lower elevations, El Nino has brought rain to Phoenix, which is expected to last most of the week.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Phoenix libraries hosting program to learn about solar eclipse
- Express Scripts mail-order pharmacy to limit opioids
- Arizona high court rules domestic violence testimony needs scrutiny
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- Mesa police officer dies in off-duty motorcycle accident