PHOENIX — Phoenix police are searching for a suspect in connection to the murder of a 22-year-old man that occurred shortly after the start of the new year.
Officers responded to the scene of a shooting in the area near 59th Avenue and Encanto Boulevard in Phoenix at 12:45 a.m. on New Year’s Day to find 22-year-old Jesse Olivas wounded from multiple gunshots.
Olivas later died at a local hospital.
Police said the suspect was shooting from an older model, gray 4-door sedan.
Police are asking anyone with information about the case to call Silent Witness at (480)W-I-T-N-E-S-S.
- Senate approves $716B defense bill named after Sen. John McCain
- College student paralyzed by rare disorder in Spain is back in Arizona
- Under hot Arizona sun, any metal can become a burn risk for kids
- Study finds racial bias in Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office traffic stops
- Interstate 10 eastbound in Phoenix reopens after fatal multivehicle crash