PHOENIX — Phoenix police are searching for a suspect in connection to the murder of a 22-year-old man that occurred shortly after the start of the new year.
Officers responded to the scene of a shooting in the area near 59th Avenue and Encanto Boulevard in Phoenix at 12:45 a.m. on New Year’s Day to find 22-year-old Jesse Olivas wounded from multiple gunshots.
Olivas later died at a local hospital.
Police said the suspect was shooting from an older model, gray 4-door sedan.
Police are asking anyone with information about the case to call Silent Witness at (480)W-I-T-N-E-S-S.
- Report: Arizona D-backs home game attendance up by 7 percent this season
- Arizona poverty remains among highest in nation, despite recent gains
- Violent crime in Arizona rose 13% in 2016, while property crime declined
- Arizona is worst state in nation for teacher pay, friendliness, studies find
- High temperatures in Phoenix could reach 90-plus degrees this week