PHOENIX — Phoenix police are searching for a suspect in connection to the murder of a 22-year-old man that occurred shortly after the start of the new year.
Officers responded to the scene of a shooting in the area near 59th Avenue and Encanto Boulevard in Phoenix at 12:45 a.m. on New Year’s Day to find 22-year-old Jesse Olivas wounded from multiple gunshots.
Olivas later died at a local hospital.
Police said the suspect was shooting from an older model, gray 4-door sedan.
Police are asking anyone with information about the case to call Silent Witness at (480)W-I-T-N-E-S-S.
- Students say more guns, police officers on campus is not the answer
- New cannabis company offers delivery to Arizona, California dispensaries
- Snowfall closes major eastbound freeway in northern Arizona
- Three Arizona restaurants make Yelp’s top-100 places to eat list
- Two Scottsdale resorts added to Triple-A’s diamond-listed hotels