This crime is labeled a commercial robbery, but it doesn’t come close to describing the damage done by four teenagers who ransacked a strip mall near 35th Avenue and Roosevelt Street.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Jamie Rothschild said it happened late at night on Dec. 17, 2015.
“They were able to get into the flower shop,” she said. “They started punching holes in the walls and were then able to get into the other stores.”
The thieves stole cell phones, merchandise and cash from Go Mobil, Mr. Fade Barber Shop and K Dollar Store as well as Esperanza Flowers.
The teens did a lot of damage inside the stores and, because it happened just a week before Christmas, it was especially devastating to the small business owners and employees.
Our next crime happened over a five-hour span on Nov. 6, 2015.
“We’re looking for a serial robber who struck in the far West Valley and then moved into north Phoenix,” Rothschild said.
A Circle K, 7-Eleven and Dominos Pizza — all in northeast Phoenix — were victims of this gunman.
“He was going store to store, and his description was so distinctive, detectives were able to put together pretty quickly that they were dealing with the same guy,” Rothschild said.
- Phoenix police to begin landfill search for missing woman next week
- Phoenix woman sentenced for framing husband’s ex as stalker
- Phoenix-area city ranked best in nation to buy family home
- Domestic violence foundation kicks off in honor of Phoenix-area girls’ deaths
- Child killed, six others injured in rollover accident on I-10