Almost 1.4 million Arizonans will travel from just before Christmas to right after the New Year, according to Triple-A of Arizona.
“About 60 percent of Arizonans will be traveling by car this holiday,” said Michele Donati with AAA Arizona. “That’s an increase of more than 3 percent over last year.”
AAA Arizona also estimates over 500,000 of those are flying, slightly down from last year.
“One of the things that is fueling the drive traffic this year will be lower gas prices,” Donati said. “Motorists haven’t experienced a December gas price this low since 2008.”
Nationwide just over 100 million Americans will be taking a trip, according to AAA Arizona. That is also slightly higher than last year.
“Just a very strong number of both Arizonans and Americans traveling for the year end holidays,” Donati said. “Really concluding another strong year for the travel industry.”
So it’s certainly good news for both the travel industry and the economy alike, she said.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Valley addiction therapist gets twofold look into opioid crisis
- Arizona awarded federal grant to assist reformed prisoners
- ‘Bruce & Pamela’ to cover Arizona’s opioid epidemic this week
- Report: Citizenship question on census would cost Arizona a seat in House
- Average Arizona gas price expected to dip under $3 soon