PHOENIX — Cyber Monday is by far the busiest day of the year at the Amazon fulfillment center on the west side of Phoenix.
The center, near 51st Avenue and Buckeye Road, hums with activity early Monday morning. Thousands of feet of conveyor line are carrying packages across the massive site, the size of 28 football fields.
Ashley Robinson with Amazon said 2,500 full-time employees, plus thousands of seasonal workers are on the job.
“We’ve been working to set this up all year,” she said.
Last year Amazon shipped out 43 million items worldwide, about 500 items per second.
The company expects a double-digit percentage increase in those numbers for 2015.
- Arizona congressman says President Donald Trump is ‘clearly a racist’
- Live blog: President Donald Trump visits Yuma, hosts rally in Phoenix
- Opinion: Five things to watch for during Trump’s Phoenix rally
- Phoenix residents hope to save Chinese Cultural Center with online petition
- Arizona political leaders speak ahead of Trump’s rally in Phoenix