PHOENIX — Cyber Monday is by far the busiest day of the year at the Amazon fulfillment center on the west side of Phoenix.
The center, near 51st Avenue and Buckeye Road, hums with activity early Monday morning. Thousands of feet of conveyor line are carrying packages across the massive site, the size of 28 football fields.
Ashley Robinson with Amazon said 2,500 full-time employees, plus thousands of seasonal workers are on the job.
“We’ve been working to set this up all year,” she said.
Last year Amazon shipped out 43 million items worldwide, about 500 items per second.
The company expects a double-digit percentage increase in those numbers for 2015.
- Milwaukee Brewers release renovation plans for spring Phoenix home
- Phoenix police officers, woman injured in rush hour crash
- St. Mary’s high school in Phoenix cancels classes due to alleged threat
- Phoenix leaders deny petition to block city spending on more Trump events
- Thousands to march on Arizona’s capitol in response to Florida shooting