An 18-month-old boy is in critical condition after drowning in a canal Sunday morning.
Phoenix Fire transported the boy to a trauma center.
There is no information on how the boy got in the canal or his current status.
“We don’t know how the child got into the canal nor do we know how the child got out of the canal,” Phoenix Fire Capt. Aaron Ernsberger said.
“Our hearts and prayers are with the family and friends of the loved one here surrounding the tragic incident that happened this morning.”
- Nine children have drowned this year in Arizona’s most-populated counties
- Police officer saves dog trapped in Mesa canal
- Mesa boy recovering after being swept away in flooded canal
- Arizona YMCA to launch program to teach children, parents water safety skills
- Glendale firefighters to educate community on water safety, drowning prevention