An 18-month-old boy is in critical condition after drowning in a canal Sunday morning.
Phoenix Fire transported the boy to a trauma center.
There is no information on how the boy got in the canal or his current status.
“We don’t know how the child got into the canal nor do we know how the child got out of the canal,” Phoenix Fire Capt. Aaron Ernsberger said.
“Our hearts and prayers are with the family and friends of the loved one here surrounding the tragic incident that happened this morning.”
- Man dies after drowning in Salt River in Phoenix area, police say
- Non-fatal drownings can have lifelong consequences for children
- 4-year-old dies after found unresponsive in Peoria pool
- Young children at greater drowning risk in open water, study finds
- With summer around the corner, it’s time to make sure pools are safe