A shooting in the area of N. 90th Ave. and W. Indian School Rd. has left one man dead.
The shooting occurred during an argument at what appeared to be a large party, according to Phoenix police. Officers were called to a home near the 9000 block of West Sells Drive following the shooting and in a driveway found 21-year-old Rodney Denny Jr., who had suffered a gunshot to the upper body.
Witnesses told police that a group of two Hispanic females and several Hispanic males arrived at the party but were not allowed in because it was ending. The two women were involved in an argument with a white female who was attempting to end the party, and they were acting aggressively toward her and Denny Jr, who was identified as the white female’s boyfriend.
Denny Jr. was shot during the confrontation, witnesses told police, and he was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Phoenix Police detectives hope to identify the two Hispanic females who arrived at the party and the males who arrived with them. They ask those with information call the violent rimes bureau at 602-262-6141 or silent witness at 480-WIT-NESS.
- Arizona schools to join national gun violence protest after Florida shooting
- Phoenix residents need to work 66 hours to pay monthly rent, study finds
- Waymo to start charging Phoenix-area riders who use its driverless cars
- Phoenix school brings in extra police officers after online threats
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival