Lindsey Stirling, originally from Gilbert, Ariz., was recently ranked No. 4 on Forbes list of the world’s top-earning YouTube stars.
Stirling is a classically trained violinist whose electro-pop style and dance moves have earned her over over 7 million subscribers and 675 million views on her channel. She’s put out an album that’s sold almost 400,000 copies in the U.S. (and gone platinum in Germany) without a label backing it.
According to Forbes, Stirling has made $6 million off her YouTube fame. Felix Kjellberg, known on YouTube as PewDiePie, came in at No. 1 — making $10 million a year for letting people watch him play video games.
- This 90-second video about a blue marble will capture your attention
- YouTube animator debuts yearlong ‘pop culture typography’ project
- Kindergarten class breaks into ‘Happy Birthday’ when chick hatches
- Little girl declares her love for waffles through tearful Facebook video
- YouTube video shows off epic self-direction campaign