Highways.org revealed a new study that highly detailed points of congestion traffic in the United States.
Arizona had two points listed, both in the Phoenix area. The first listed is on the I-10, in the areas between N. 16th St. and 7th Ave. That portion is 1.9 miles and has an annual total delay of 600,080 hours.
The second area listed is on the I-17 through the I-10, between Sky Harbor Cir and S. 24th St. The area is 0.8 miles and has an annual total delay of 154,180 hours.
Both sections did not make the list of America’s top 50 bottlenecks. Illinois had the number one stretch, followed by six straight segments in California.
- I-10 ramps to be closed, I-17 to be restricted overnight in Phoenix
- Jams cause jammed roads: U2 to snarl Phoenix traffic on Tuesday
- I-10 westbound near Tucson shuts down due to crash, causing long delays
- DUI arrests go up in Arizona over Labor Day weekend
- ASU football home opener to make traffic tricky in Tempe on Thursday