Highways.org revealed a new study that highly detailed points of congestion traffic in the United States.
Arizona had two points listed, both in the Phoenix area. The first listed is on the I-10, in the areas between N. 16th St. and 7th Ave. That portion is 1.9 miles and has an annual total delay of 600,080 hours.
The second area listed is on the I-17 through the I-10, between Sky Harbor Cir and S. 24th St. The area is 0.8 miles and has an annual total delay of 154,180 hours.
Both sections did not make the list of America’s top 50 bottlenecks. Illinois had the number one stretch, followed by six straight segments in California.
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend
- 2 wrecks on Interstate 17 in Phoenix tie up morning drive time
- Driver crashes into Phoenix house, occupants unharmed
- Arizona bill would use spike strips to prevent wrong-way drivers
- How bad is Phoenix area traffic compared to the rest of nation?