Highways.org revealed a new study that highly detailed points of congestion traffic in the United States.
Arizona had two points listed, both in the Phoenix area. The first listed is on the I-10, in the areas between N. 16th St. and 7th Ave. That portion is 1.9 miles and has an annual total delay of 600,080 hours.
The second area listed is on the I-17 through the I-10, between Sky Harbor Cir and S. 24th St. The area is 0.8 miles and has an annual total delay of 154,180 hours.
Both sections did not make the list of America’s top 50 bottlenecks. Illinois had the number one stretch, followed by six straight segments in California.
- During rush hour, traffic matters in downtown Phoenix
- ADOT begins wrong-way vehicle detection project on I-17, closures set
- SR 51 will have restrictions in Phoenix this weekend
- Propane truck fire shuts down Interstate 17 near Black Canyon City
- Loop 202 construction to force more overnight I-10 closures this week