GLENDALE, Ariz. — One suspect is injured and another is being sought out by police after an armed robbery and officer-involved shooting.
The officer was not injured in the incident, according to James Holmes with Phoenix Police. The suspect has been released from the hospital after being shot in the leg and is now in the custody of Glendale police, officers said.
The suspect is 23-year-old Michael Cordova.
Holmes said the officer-involved shooting took place in the neighborhood of 4200 W. Townley — near the intersection of 43rd Avenue and Olive/Dunlap Avenue, which serves as the border between Glendale and Phoenix.
It is unclear where the armed robbery occurred.
Phoenix Police and DPS are assisting Glendale Police in the search, according to Raul Garcia Jr. of DPS.
- Phoenix ranked among most affordable travel destinations in US
- Phoenix ISM Raceway dropped from IndyCar’s 2019 schedule
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix