He may not have met his father, but Adonis Johnson, the son of Apollo Creed, has boxing in his blood. No one forces him into the ring, but he chooses to live it.
And thank goodness he did, because “Creed” is a great movie. There’s been a lot of boxing movies over the years — obviously this is another chapter in the “Rocky” franchise — but this is a really good one.
There’s a lot of raw emotion and solid acting supported by director Sylvester Stallone, who has been known to sleepwalk through a movie here and there. Michael B. Jordan is outstanding in this and he makes the boxing scenes look so real! I have no idea how, if he’s not actually being hit, they made it look so realistic.
This is one even people who dislike boxing will enjoy.
- Former worker criticizes conditions at Arizona facility for immigrant youth
- John Travolta, Kelly Preston discuss film ‘Gotti’ with Bruce St. James
- ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’ is a brainless CGI actionfest that has a good time
- Special Bruce St. James, Pamela Hughes show to focus on gun violence
- ‘Greatest Showman’ is a decent musical, but a conflicted biopic