PHOENIX — Walmart stores around the Valley are preparing for the big crowds expected on Thanksgiving night.
The store’s holiday sales kick off at 6 p.m. and workers said they are ready to handle the high number of customers.
“We’ve made plans five, six months prior,” said Ralph Ikpelue, store manager at the Santan Valley Walmart. “It’ll be business as usual: Just take care of the customers, make sure they have the availability they want and take care of business.”
Ikpelue said there will also be deals online starting at 1 a.m. Arizona time on Thanksgiving.
“You can enjoy the Black Friday prices and not be in the store with the rush,” Ikpelue said.
While there will be deals for electronics and toys online, deals on certain items, like Beats headphones and Xbox Ones, will only be available in store. Nationwide, about 22 million people are expected to shop at Walmart stores on Thanksgiving.
- Main Street Minute: Scottsdale-based P.F. Chang’s opens in London
- 25 years of shopping, hanging out at Mall of America
- Could Walmart buy Phoenix-based Sprouts to match Amazon?
- Home prices rise in Maricopa County, approaching previous high
- Phoenix Zoo offering discounted tickets during summer construction