PHOENIX — While the rest of us are worried about preparing the perfect turkey or how Aunt Gladys takes her potatoes, one Arizona man is already camping out for Black Friday.
Jarvis Johnson has already set his tent up outside the Best Buy near 99th Avenue and McDowell Road in Avondale, Arizona. A Black Friday veteran, Johnson typically takes a week off from his fast food job to be first in line for the deals.
“They say the early bird gets the worm,” he said. “Well, I’m four days early, so I’m going to get the biggest worm. Right now, what I’m going for is a 50-inch TV for $150.”
This is Johnson’s sixth year of camping out for Black Friday deals. His tent has a microwave, big-screen TV and a heater.
Johnson said his wife isn’t thrilled her husband is camping out.
KTAR’s Brian Rackham contributed to this report.
- Here are the titles that are coming to, leaving Netflix in February
- New TV spot touts Arizona education as ‘making progress’
- Freelance writers win new $100,000 journalism prize
- Surrounded by scandal, Globes turn to old favs & fresh faces
- Phoenix-area women, business owners to compete on ‘The Amazing Race’