PHOENIX — Tempe police were searching for a man suspected of robbing a bank Tuesday morning and getting away on a motorcycle.
Police said the suspect was armed but that no one was injured in the holdup at the Arizona Central Credit Union branch officer near Price Road and Southern Avenue.
Schools in the area were locked down but it was lifted before 10 a.m. Curry and Ward elementary schools are nearby.
No other information was immediately available.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this weekend
- McCain viewed more favorably among Arizona Dems than GOP, poll finds
- Has Republican Party been redefined under Trump? Sen. Jeff Flake says so
- Ex-high school teacher in western Arizona arrested in sex investigation
- Jaguar known to roam Arizona mountains believed to be dead