PHOENIX — Tempe police were searching for a man suspected of robbing a bank Tuesday morning and getting away on a motorcycle.
Police said the suspect was armed but that no one was injured in the holdup at the Arizona Central Credit Union branch officer near Price Road and Southern Avenue.
Schools in the area were locked down but it was lifted before 10 a.m. Curry and Ward elementary schools are nearby.
No other information was immediately available.
- Federal officials are working to target sexual harassment in Arizona Tribes
- Three cities in Arizona earn top ranks for advancing LGBT rights
- Off Central: Guitar-making school puts Phoenix on musical maps
- Unemployment rate in Arizona drops to 4.7 percent in September
- Here’s what you need to know about Lost Lake Festival in Phoenix