PHOENIX — Tempe police were searching for a man suspected of robbing a bank Tuesday morning and getting away on a motorcycle.
Police said the suspect was armed but that no one was injured in the holdup at the Arizona Central Credit Union branch officer near Price Road and Southern Avenue.
Schools in the area were locked down but it was lifted before 10 a.m. Curry and Ward elementary schools are nearby.
No other information was immediately available.
- Arizona leads nation in proportion of female farmers
- Crowded field for Franks’ special election raises more than $1.1 million
- Arizona nonprofit awarded $30M for projects in low-income areas
- Phoenix residents need to work 66 hours to pay monthly rent, study finds
- Arizona lawmakers block bump stocks debate after Florida shooting