Let’s start with this: If you have never seen a “Hunger Games” movie, you shouldn’t start with this one.
That being said, this movie is as good as you think it is. It’s the fourth and final film in a series that has seen a lot of success and it lives up to the task of closing it out on the right note.
This movie picks up immediately after “Part 1,” so you may want to go back and refresh yourself on it, especially if you don’t remember what happened or you’ve never read the books.
I think this movie does a solid job and Jennifer Lawrence does well in her role as a more-conflicted Katniss Everdeen.
Just a fun side note from the editor: Take the quiz below to see what you know about ‘The Hunger Games’ series!
- Intense third act struggles to save clunky hero tale ‘The 15:17 to Paris’
- This 90-second video about a blue marble will capture your attention
- YouTube animator debuts yearlong ‘pop culture typography’ project
- Kindergarten class breaks into ‘Happy Birthday’ when chick hatches
- Radio announcer gives hilarious play-by-play in attempted carjacking video