KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Shovels hit the dirt as Dignity Health and Kindred Healthcare began work on a new hospital in Chandler. The two-story East Valley rehabilitation hospital will have 50 beds to serve patients recovering from conditions such as stroke, brain injury and spinal cord injury. It is expected to open next fall.
• Shea Homes Arizona recently broke ground on six model homes at Vantage Condominium Community in southeast Phoenix. The grand opening is slated for early next year at the corner of Fifth Avenue and Chandler Boulevard. Pricing on the 69 available condos will likely start in the high $200,000 range.
• A transitional care center was on the construction calendar in Surprise. The 100-bed center will provide post-acute care and recovery services to patients after surgeries. The development will be located just south of Grand Avenue near Bell Road and was scheduled to open in the fall of 2016.
- Phoenix Children’s, Dignity Health to open new facility in East Valley
- Main Street Minute: West Valley park closes out free concert series
- Main Street Minute: Arizona nonprofits pick up grant money from federal government
- Valley hospital reaches 400 lung transplants in 10 years
- Main Street Minute: Dental foundation sponsoring free checkups for kids