Some “Star Wars” fans got a surprise of a lifetime via video call — a visit from Han Solo himself.
Harrison Ford helped make an announcement from the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative, by surprising fans who had previously donated to the initiative with a new, exciting offer.
This year, when fans make a $10 donation to the initiative, they’ll receive 100 chances at the grand prize of four tickets to meet the cast and walk the red carpet at the London or Los Angeles premieres of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”
Ford seemed to be having fun while shocking the video callers, suddenly appearing on camera and joking with the surprised fans.
One woman sat next to a photograph of the legendary Wookiee, Chewbacca, prompting Ford to ask, “Is that a picture of your boyfriend? Lady, you can do so much better!”
The charity initiative started last year, raising over $4.26 million last year for UNICEF and other causes, with the grand prize of scoring a role in the film, according to The Verge.
This year, donations will equally benefit 15 charities, selected by J.J. Abrams, the film’s director, and the cast. The charities include the Africa Cancer Foundation, Arts in the Armed Forces and Phab.
- ‘Star Wars’ Day sightings in Phoenix area include Wookiee on a velocipede
- ‘Infinity War’ opens with record $250M, passing ‘Star Wars’
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ releases second movie trailer
- Fifth annual Arizona Gives Day to take place in early April
- Here’s when Disney’s new ‘Star Wars,’ Marvel theme lands will open