PHOENIX — Moviegoers and fans of the film series “The Hunger Games” throughout the Phoenix area had a chance Wednesday to see the final installment in the series before its official opening date.
Harkins Theaters played “Mockingjay Part I and Part II” back-to-back Wednesday evening. The long awaited movie is expected to be one of the biggest blockbuster films of the year.
Fans lined up early to get a good seat for the double feature showing.
“After reading the books, I know what’s going to happen but sometimes they are a little bit different in the movies so I’m looking forward to seeing how they are going to do it here,” Phoenix resident Mike Walfoort said.
Walfoort was one of hundreds of fans who went to the showing Wednesday night. He brought his kids to the theater as well.
“We actually watched the first two (movies in the series) last night to recap so I’m bringing the kids tonight and we are just going to have some fun and relax,” he said.
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Hawaii-bound American Airlines flight forced back to Phoenix
- Phoenix needs more bottled water to help battle summer heat
- Phoenix City Council votes to look at other designs for light-rail expansion