PHOENIX — Moviegoers and fans of the film series “The Hunger Games” throughout the Phoenix area had a chance Wednesday to see the final installment in the series before its official opening date.
Harkins Theaters played “Mockingjay Part I and Part II” back-to-back Wednesday evening. The long awaited movie is expected to be one of the biggest blockbuster films of the year.
Fans lined up early to get a good seat for the double feature showing.
“After reading the books, I know what’s going to happen but sometimes they are a little bit different in the movies so I’m looking forward to seeing how they are going to do it here,” Phoenix resident Mike Walfoort said.
Walfoort was one of hundreds of fans who went to the showing Wednesday night. He brought his kids to the theater as well.
“We actually watched the first two (movies in the series) last night to recap so I’m bringing the kids tonight and we are just going to have some fun and relax,” he said.
- Opinions split after Trump protest in downtown Phoenix
- Arpaio felt Trump would defy advisers, grant pardon at Phoenix rally
- Phoenix police chief gives officers A+ for conduct during Trump rally protest
- Opinion: Four takeaways from Trump’s rally speech in Phoenix
- Watch as Phoenix firefighters reunite woman, dog after house fire