PHOENIX — A Phoenix-based aircraft company will be placing thousands of its workers on an unpaid leave of absence during the upcoming holiday season, according to the Phoenix Business Journal.
Honeywell Aerospace will furlough up to 10,000 Arizona workers, forcing them to take five unpaid days off between Thanksgiving and right after Christmas.
Employees were notified of the furlough by e-mail, according to the article. Officials with Honeywell said the move was made due to “slow economic growth and decreased U.S. defense spending.”
The company, which has 40,000 employees worldwide, is one of Arizona’s largest private employers, according to the article.
- Phoenix-based Honeywell to outfit United Airlines planes with safety tech
- Phoenix man pleads not guilty for Christmas slayings of ex-wife, kids
- Friend says shooting victim had cordial call with suspect
- 2,000 DUI arrests made in Arizona between Thanksgiving, Christmas
- Man kills two children, one woman at Phoenix apartment on Christmas