PHOENIX — A Phoenix-based aircraft company will be placing thousands of its workers on an unpaid leave of absence during the upcoming holiday season, according to the Phoenix Business Journal.
Honeywell Aerospace will furlough up to 10,000 Arizona workers, forcing them to take five unpaid days off between Thanksgiving and right after Christmas.
Employees were notified of the furlough by e-mail, according to the article. Officials with Honeywell said the move was made due to “slow economic growth and decreased U.S. defense spending.”
The company, which has 40,000 employees worldwide, is one of Arizona’s largest private employers, according to the article.
- Phoenix aerospace expert facing charges for trying to sell info to cartel
- Recycle Christmas trees and wreaths at participating Phoenix parks
- Triple-A of Arizona, Uber aim to keep drunk drivers off streets on New Year’s Eve
- Remember George Michael’s legacy in James Corden’s first-ever ‘carpool karaoke’
- March on: Improv troupe seeks last-minute leader for holiday parade