After one of the worst terrorist attacks in France’s history left an entire country on edge, a Muslim man decided to stand blindfolded in the center of Paris and ask fellow Parisians for hugs, according to The Daily Mail.
Next to a sign that read, “I’m a Muslim, but I’m told that I’m a terrorist. I trust you, do you trust me? If yes, hug me,” the man stood in the Place de la Republique, an unofficial spot used to honor the 129 victims of last week’s terrorist attacks.
Dozens of mourners came up to embrace the man, proving that even the most horrendous of events cannot shatter the true foundation of humanity: Love.
- Video shows Border Patrol car hitting man on Tohono O’odham Nation
- Mesa police accused of beating suspect, taunting him in hospital
- How elderly people can stay safe during summer in Arizona
- Celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain found dead in France at 61
- Arizona man becomes 20th person sentenced in telemarketing scheme