No, your eyes are not deceiving you: This YouTube video really is capturing the Earth move up and down, similar to a human chest when it is breathing.
Brian Nuttall originally posted the video on a Facebook page for visitors of Noca Scotia to document their adventures — and boy, did Brian have quite the adventure!
The video of the “breathing Earth” was a hit on the page, racking up nearly 100,000 shares, 15,000 likes and 103 comments of users speculating what in the world was going on. The video was then re-posted to YouTube by user Manuel Petitat, where it has been viewed more than a million times.
This weird phenomenon apparently occurs when high winds blow trees planted in soft ground, causing the interconnected roots to move with the tree.
- Twitter flags Joe Arpaio’s US Senate campaign page as potentially unsafe
- ‘Roseanne’ reboot canceled following Barr’s racist Twitter post
- ‘Laurel’ or ‘Yanny’ is the new viral controversy driving our ears crazy
- Former Arizona senator enlisted by Facebook to examine alleged bias
- Sleep mode? Tech giants’ kids’ ‘fixes’ amount to baby steps