No, your eyes are not deceiving you: This YouTube video really is capturing the Earth move up and down, similar to a human chest when it is breathing.
Brian Nuttall originally posted the video on a Facebook page for visitors of Noca Scotia to document their adventures — and boy, did Brian have quite the adventure!
The video of the “breathing Earth” was a hit on the page, racking up nearly 100,000 shares, 15,000 likes and 103 comments of users speculating what in the world was going on. The video was then re-posted to YouTube by user Manuel Petitat, where it has been viewed more than a million times.
This weird phenomenon apparently occurs when high winds blow trees planted in soft ground, causing the interconnected roots to move with the tree.
- New Zealand couple offered free trip to Norway in new marketing campaign
- Video of dog retrieving football tees for Boise State goes viral
- Explorer documents month-long journey at sea in YouTube video
- Arizona congressman posts videos reading ‘mean’ comments from Twitter
- British reporter taken on wild virtual reality ride on live TV